It was 1951. This was the year of the first electronic computer, the first color TV and the cost of a postage stamp was a mere 3 cents. And in Redding, California, Dr. George Martin founded what is now MD Imaging on Market Street in downtown Redding. Dr. Martin was the first physician "specialist" to make his home in Redding. His specialty was in Diagnostic Radiology. His original office was located at the corner of Market and Tehama Streets in the Guibbani Building. This building is currently known as Sherven Square, home of Dandelion, KLXR Radio, and now Kobe Restaurant. Dr. Martin's practice was dedicated to providing quality radiology services along with a genuine neighborly concern for his patients' well-being.
It didn't take long for physicians to start referring their patients to Dr. Martin. He eventually added more radiologists to his staff and changed the practice name to Redding Radiological Associates. In 1996, Redding Radiological Associates, Inc. merged with another local radiology practice, Shasta Diagnostic Imaging, Inc. to create what has become a premier medical imaging center with the most comprehensive diagnostic capabilities in the area.
From its beginning 60 years ago above a drug store on Market Street to the total renovation of the practice in 1994 and its new name of MD Imaging Inc. in 1996, we continue to make available the latest in 21st century medical imaging technology.